17 Dec Changes for the 2019 and the new things coming
Posted on Dec 17th, 2018
Well, in this final part of the year I’m collection fresh new ideas how to start
This year brought
There’s always a balance of what you want to show online or what you want to target with your own website and work.
I started this 2018 targeting my website and photography only as “Portrait Photography“. But then I realize that I was going to lose or to forgive all the part that I also enjoy
At the same time, I think you may notice that I love new technologies and love to see and test how these new devices will impact our story-telling.
This year it has been interesting since got me back also on some old shooting techniques: after more than 10 years, I was going back to shoot with the film on an old camera! I had satisfaction on this process and I will share soon on the blog my thoughts about the film and digital in our days.
Note: the cover photo of this blog post is coming from a film shot this summer on Pentax 67 camera using the Kodak Porta 160 and scanned with an Imacon Scanner.
So I’ve a list of ideas for this website and proposals for the 2019:
- Change a bit the graphic layout of the pages: the initial front page will be a more clean gallery of my photography. The news and blog section will be a different and separate page. So if you come directly to the home, don’t feel afraid that the news and articles are gone. They are just in a different section!
- I will go on doing camera tests, focusing as I’m doing on mobile photography. There will be more quality galleries layout, easy to visit them from the desktop but from the mobile too. I think I found a nice way to show the images without impact too much on the loading speed of the pages.
- I want to focus more growing my YouTube channel. Until now it has been a sort of experimental, haven’t put so much effort in it but now I want to push it more. I have a lot of ideas I want to cover and expand on it and I’m studying how to improve the quality as well, from the video to the edit and the audio. Does everything to be better to succeed, right? 🙂
- I started from the last month my IGTV channel on Instagram. That channel will be specific about editing on mobile. I think the vertical format of IGTV is very suitable to see how to improve the editing on the smartphone using programs like Lightroom, Snapseed, Google Photo, Apple P
hotoand so on.
- There will be a revamp of my educational section: I am already recording a new series of “Editing with Lightroom” that will drive all the users to understand from zero how to use the program and how to process at the best the images.
- I’m working on my own custom style presets for Lightroom that will be available here on this website as well. The presets will be addressing the problems of raw capture with the smartphone. You may notice that when you shot raw with the smartphone the files shot are coming very dull, without any contrast and color: my preset with one click will give you a really good base comparable to the JPG but with the quality and flexibility of the raw file editing.
- As you probably know, I’ve recently started use Capture One Pro. I did this move when Phase One announced a new special version targeted for Fujifilm users. So I’m using Capture One close to Lightroom: I don’t think to do a permanent switch ’cause Lightroom has some great advantage for me, especially shooting with the smartphone (sync with the cloud on any devices, from Desktop to Mobile). But I see very great potential in the editing of my .raf file of the Fujifilm with Capture One. So, for this reason, I will focus on this software too on the blog and on the educational part of my website.
- I want to open a shop on the website where I will sell some of my photographs. They will be limited edition of my favorite shots I took in the last 15+ years. The prints will be fine art quality giving to the customer a very high-end quality product: for this reason, I took contact with a professional laboratory in Florence that has 30+ years of experience and did prints for fine art exhibitions in Italy and aboard. They have also a special packaging to protect the prints so I will be able to send them worldwide without be worried of crashing them.
- Last but not least I‘m planning some live classes and workshops. The live classes will be held in my studio in Florence during the week, while there will be some specific workshops during the weekend in Florence and Tuscany. That will be a nice occasion for anyone of you that want to do a nice holiday in Tuscany! My goal is also to organize again my summer workshop of portrait and fashion photography in Croatia. So if you are interested in any of these activities, please write to me already! 🙂
I want to thank you all of you: in this 2018 I broke my records of visitors on this
I wish you all a nice holiday season and a great begin of the new year!